The ONLY Korean wing recipe you’ll ever need! Tory over at Nourishing The Glow created this recipe of baked chicken wings that are baked to crispy perfection and then tossed in a sweet and spicy sauce. The best thing about this recipe is that it is Whole30 approved!
Time: 1 hr.
- 4 lbs chicken wings
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 10 Medjool dates, soaked in hot water (save 1/2 cup of water), pitted and chopped
- 1/4 cup Bonafide Provisions organic chicken bone broth
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons gochujang spice
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- Green onions, for garnish
- Sesame seeds, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line with aluminum foil with a wire baking rack on top. Be sure to spray the rack with cooking spray.
- Pat chicken wings dry and season with salt and pepper to taste. Place in a bowl or ziplock bag. Set aside.
- Add the dates and 1/2 cup water to a food processor or blender, pulsing until smooth.
- Add in all the remaining ingredients except the ghee. Pulse until smooth and well combined.
- Pour about 3/4 of the gochujang sauce over the chicken wings, toss until well coated. Allow the chicken to marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes before cooking.
- Using tongs, evenly place the wings on the prepared baking sheet in a single layer. Save excess marinade with the reserved 1/4.
- Bake the wings for 15 minutes before using tongs to flip them. Bake for another 10-15 minutes.
- Once the wings have finished cooking, transfer them to a large bowl. Pour the remaining gochujang marinade in a saucepan, along with the ghee. Heat over medium-high heat until the ghee has melted. Whisk until fully combined and allow to simmer for 2 minutes before pouring the marinade over the wings. Toss to fully coat. Transfer to a serving platter. Garnish with green onions, sesame seeds, or red pepper flakes.