Everything’s better in a bowl, right? This miso bone broth steak bowl is made to perfection with a bed of collagen-rich grains and is topped with miso-marinated skirt steak and a crisp Asian inspired slaw. You can’t go wrong with this healthy and nutritious miso bone broth steak bowl.
- 1lb. grass-fed skirt steak
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 6 tbsp coconut aminos
- 3 tbsp red miso paste
- 4 cloves garlic, finely ground
- 1/3 cup Bonafide Provisions Beef bone broth
Rice or desired grain
- 2 cups of rice
- 1 cup Bonafide Provisions Bone Broth
- 1 thinly sliced watermelon radish
- 1 1/2 cups edamame
- 1 cup snap peas
- 1/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Sliced ginger
- Toasted sesame seeds
- Roasted Seaweed
- Mix 2 tbsp avocado oil, 4 tbsp coconut aminos, 2 tbsp red miso paste, and 2 cloves garlic until well combined. Slice beef into 1/4 inch thick pieces. Add beef to bowl of marinade and let sit for 1 hour at room temperature.
- Mix remaining coconut aminos, red miso paste, and garlic into a bowl. Then add the beef bone broth. set aside
- While beef is marinating, take your desired grain (white or brown rice, or quinoa) and cook with bone broth (in place of water). The typical ratio is 2:1 liquid to rice.
- Heat cast iron pan on medium-high heat.
- When the pan is nice and hot, spray a small amount of oil and add marinated skirt steak, searing each side for 1- 2 minutes. Remove and let rest on the platter when done. (Cook skirt steak in sections if it won’t all fit into the pan at once)
- When all the steak is cooked, add coconut aminos, red miso paste, garlic, and bone broth mixture into the pan and heat until bubbling.
- Add meat back into the pan with sauce and let cook 1-2 min on each side. Remove and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Combine all ingredients for Asian slaw/salad. Toss and combine
- Spoon grains into a bowl, top with sliced steak, Asian slaw, and option toppings. Enjoy!