This Whole30 approved bone broth BBQ pulled pork is seasoned to perfection and ridiculously tender and juicy. It really doesn’t get better than this! This is the perfect dish to make for a summer BBQ or for a weeknight meal. Serve this BBQ pork with coleslaw and baked sweet potato fries for the ultimate southern BBQ inspired meal!
- 4 lb organic bone-in pork shoulder
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp ground pepper
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 2 cups Bonafide Provisions Chicken Bone Broth
FOR THE BBQ SAUCE:
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 4-6 dates, soaked for 10-15 minutes in warm water to soften then drained
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 cup Bonafide Provisions Chicken Bone Broth
- Place all of the seasonings in a small bowl and mix well to make the spice rub.
- Cut your roast into two pieces if needed to make it more manageable and fit easily. Massage the spice rub all over the meat. You may have some leftover if you have a smaller cut of meat.
- Place the pork into the Instant Pot skin side up and pour the chicken stock in.
- Cook for 90 minutes on the manual setting, with the vent closed.
- Once you get the pork in the Instant Pot, make the BBQ sauce. Place all of the sauce ingredients in a blender or food processor and run continuously to combine all the ingredients until smooth. Stop to scrape sides down as needed and restart. Store in the fridge until pork is done.
- Once the pork is done, let the pressure release naturally (about 10-15 minutes). Don’t do a quick release.
- Remove the pork from the Instant Pot and place it on a cutting board. Shred with two forks or tongs. Pour the sauce over the pork and mix it in. Serve and enjoy!