THESE ARE ONE OF OUR FAVORITE SIDE DISHES! WE LOVE THE TARTNESS OF THE LEMON JUICE AND THE ACIDITY OF THIS DISH PAIRS WELL WITH ANY RICH LAMB DISH.
Greek Lemon Potatoes
- 3 pounds (1.36 kg) potatoes, peeled and cut into wedges
- 2 tbsp (30 g) minced garlic
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) olive oil
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 2 teaspoons (10 g) salt
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 cups (720 ml) chicken bone broth
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Put potato wedges into a large bowl. Combine olive oil and garlic in a small bowl. Drizzle olive oil mixture and lemon juice over the wedges and toss to coat. Season potatoes with salt, oregano, and black pepper; toss again to coat. Spread potato wedges in a single layer in a 2 inch (5 cm) – deep pan. Pour broth over the potatoes. Roast potatoes in preheated oven until tender and golden brown, about 1 hour.