Skip to content
Grain Free Bone Broth Waffles
- 1 cup tapioca flour
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 cup ghee or coconut oil, melted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups beef bone broth
- 4 large eggs
- 1 – 1 1/2 cups filtered water *You may need a little more or less water. Keep an eye on your batter. You want it to be thick but pourable!*
- In a large bowl, mix together all of the dry ingredients with a fork or whisk. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs. Combine the rest of the wet ingredients into the same bowl (except for the water.)
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry, and stir them together well. At this point, your mixture should be pretty thick! And that’s fine! Add in 1/4 cup of water at a time and keep stirring.
- Your mixture will end up pretty thick but roll with it!
- Heat up your waffle iron for a few minutes, then brush / spray on a layer of oil onto both the top and bottom of the griddle.
- Pour enough of the mixture into the iron to barely cover the bottom. You do not want to add too much because your iron will begin to overflow!
- Depending on the size of your waffle iron, this should make about 6 large waffles.
- Top with your favorite toppings and serve warm.