There is nothing better than a delicious dip at a gathering of friends and family. This one is a new favorite of ours: Dairy Free SPINACH + ARTICHOKE DIP. It’s an upgrade from the usual recipes you’d find because not only is it DAIRY FREE but we’ve added some of our chicken bone broth into the recipe as well! It’s creamy, savory and delicious and pairs well with Simple Mills crackers or fresh cut veggies.
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked in boiling water for 2 hours
- 1 cup paleo mayonnaise, plus 2 tablespoons
- 1/4 cup Bonafide Provisions chicken bone broth
- 1 1/2 – 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/4 cup shallots, minced
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 16 oz frozen spinach, thawed & drained
- 1 can artichoke hearts, drained & diced
- sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Soak cashews in boiling water for 2 hours.
- Drain and rinse well with cold water. Let drain thoroughly.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and adjust the oven rack to the top third of the oven.
- Add the cashews, mayonnaise and bone broth to a food processor. Process for at least 1 minute, scraping down the sides if necessary until everything looks creamy.
- Transfer this mixture into a large mixing bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients and stir everything together very well.
- Transfer the dip to a baking dish and bake for 20-25 minutes until it has set on top.