This healthified take on this southern classic will Blow.Your.Mind! It is seriously delicious and it’s quick and easy which makes it perfect for a weeknight meal.
- 4 cups Bonafide Provisions Chicken bone broth
- 1/2 tsp Selina Celtic sea salt
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 1 cup stone-ground grits
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp creole seasoning
- 1 pound wild-caught shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup thinly diced red bell pepper
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 cup scallions
- 1 tsp red chili flakes
- Add the bone broth, salt, and pepper in a large pot, and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, add the grits, stir, and cook for approx 20 min or until all liquid is absorbed
- Heat cast iron pan on the stove. While the pan is heating, add creole seasoning to shrimp and let sit. Add shrimp to pan and cook for 1-2 min on each side.
- Transfer cooked shrimp to plate and set aside. Add diced red bell pepper, garlic, lemon juice to the pan and cook for 2-3 min. Remove pan from heat after 2-3 min.
- Spoon grits onto plate or bowl, top with shrimp and bell pepper mixture. Garnish with parsley, scallions, and red chili flakes.