A “healthy” fried chicken sandwich? Your eyes are not deceiving you. Now you can have your comfort food and eat it too with this recipe that’s gluten-free, grain-free (if you skip the bun) and loaded with healthy fats, fiber, and detoxing veggies.
Wet Ingredients for Chicken:
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup chicken bone broth
- 1 large egg
Dry Ingredients for Chicken:
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Oil for frying
- 3 cups shredded cabbage
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup Chosen Foods avocado mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 tablespoon Chicken bone broth
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Combine wet ingredients into bowl and add chicken. Let marinate in the fridge for up to 6 hours
- Combine flour and spices in a bowl and set aside
- Heat oil in a pan.
- While oil is heating, prepare slaw. Add ALL slaw ingredients into bowl and toss to coat cabbage evenly.
- Take pieces of chicken out of bag making sure to drip excess liquid off chicken.
- Coat each piece of chiken into the dry mixure. Add chicken to hot oil and fry for 4 minutes on one side, then 3-4 minutes on the other side until chicken is golden brown and crispy.
- Take chicken out of oil and lay onto papertowel to drain. Sprinkle with sea salt
- Time to assemble! Add desired toppings like – pickles, cheese, bacon, Primal Kitchens Classic or Unsweetened BBQ sauce