We decided to put a healthy twist on the classic chicken & waffle recipe by adding our bone broth into the waffle mix AND into the chicken batter. You can’t go wrong with added flavor and nutrients in a classic dish like this!
- 1 Bag Birch Benders Waffle Mix (makes approx. 8-10 waffles)
- 3-3 1/4 Cup Bonafide Provisions Chicken Bone Broth
- 1 1/2- 2 pounds chicken thighs
- 2 Eggs room temperature
- 1/3 Cup Bonafide Provisions Chicken Bone Broth
- 1/2 Cup Gluten-Free All-Purpose baking flour (Like Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1 tsp Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- Coconut Oil for frying
- Chives for garnish
- Whipped butter
- Maple Syrup
- Mix waffle mix according to back of the bag, replacing water with bone broth
- Pour mixture onto waffle iron, cook according to waffle iron instructions
- To make the chicken start by combining eggs and chicken bone broth, whisk until completely combined and set aside
- Combine flour and spices, mix until completely combined and set aside
- Season chicken with sea salt and black pepper, dip the seasoned chicken in the egg and bone broth mixture, then coat in flour mixture
- Heat coconut oil in a deep pot and heat until 350 degrees F.
- Fry the chicken in coconut oil until golden brown and fully cooked through, around 8-10 minutes depending on the size of chicken thigh.
- Place waffle on a plate, scoop 1-2 scoops whipped butter onto the waffle, stack fried chicken on top, sprinkle chopped chives, and drizzle with maple syrup